Land under different ID number

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
donotjudge

Land under different ID number

Post by donotjudge »

Hi, I have a few posts here regarding the transfer of ownership of land my father owns. It is larger than 4000sqm (much larger) but the solicitors haven't said anything, so I'm guessing that isn't going to be an issue. The issue is, in the search from the land registry, the land did not come up. After sending bills my father paid, the land came up in the same name, but with a different ID number. The solicitor says that they 'assume' that when my father bought the land (30+ years ago) he didn't show his ID at the land registry, and therefore was given a 'fake' ID number (yes they said fake ID number which sounded very weird as how can they give a fake ID number?). What is the procedure that follows? My father has title deeds which he will send to me this Monday. Any advice, in general, would be appreciated! The land is in Limassol if that helps.
Pantheman

Re: Land under different ID number

Post by Pantheman »

Hello,

Firstly i replied to you pm.

This situation does happen the issue ‘Temp’ numbers to register lands to when the don’t have the correct id no.

Take all titles your father has with his id and they will reallocate the land to his id.

If you are not Cypriot or EU citizen you won’t be able to transfer, you can only get them by inheritance.
Otherwise you are good to go.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
donotjudge

Re: Land under different ID number

Post by donotjudge »

Thank you for your reply! Great to hear that it can be resolved!