Dhekelia road area and some clairvoyance

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
mbrambley

Dhekelia road area and some clairvoyance

Post by mbrambley »

Hi there

I was considering buying a house near the dhekelia road area of larnaca near the highway behind cafe nero near to the highway. this was in 2019 when i saw they were going to move the gas containers away and develop the new hotels like the radisson and stuff - the area is really under developed compared to some other parts near the coast considering its access. but then the pandemic happened and now i dont know if house prices are going to tank soon... although i think inflation maybe happening faster as house prices and stocks & shares in most other countries seems to be rocketing up crazily and im assuming with all the money printing going on cash is losing its value... anyway thats enough waffle

1) do you think this area is a good bet given everything thats going on? they have started moving all the petrochemical stuff away and they are still developing the road / beach front
2) whats a reasonable offer to make? is 10% lower than the asking ok? ive just seen a 330K 3-bed detached on a 350sm plot with a pool that does seem a bit high for cyprus but the houses near the road (its 400m back) do seem more expensive.
3) also is anyone knowledgeable enough for me to show them the link and they tell me if they think its reasonable... or does anyone know who i can go to for independent advice?

Kind regards