Which application form?

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Transmitter Man

Which application form?

Post by Transmitter Man »

Hello Nigel and group,

I wish to apply for permission to build a storage warehouse (Αποθήκη) on agricultural land.

I have read if this application is made at the land registry then permission can be granted quickly, within 10 days.

I need to know which of these forms is the correct one; http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/tph/tph.nsf/p ... enDocument so I can do my homework before visiting.

Thank you.

David
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Which application form?

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi David

If you use Google Chrome as your web browser you can get the names of the various forms translated to English. Then you can decide which one to complete.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Transmitter Man wrote: 19 Apr 2021 12:01 Hello Nigel and group,

I wish to apply for permission to build a storage warehouse (Αποθήκη) on agricultural land.

I have read if this application is made at the land registry then permission can be granted quickly, within 10 days.

I need to know which of these forms is the correct one; http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/tph/tph.nsf/p ... enDocument so I can do my homework before visiting.

Thank you.

David
I am not aware that planning can be had from the Land Registry and I bet my cotton socks you won't get it in 10 days.

I think you should visit the planning office in your district and ask the appropriate staff where to go from there and the form you need.

I could direct you to a form for applying for a planning permit , but there may also be others specifically for this job.

Good luck.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Transmitter Man

Thanks both.

Nigel, I did translate that forms page but there are several pertaining to build permits.

I will go visit land registry.

I have read that since late 2020 and on condition the application is made electronically at the LR an answer will come within 10 days. This is therefore new dragging CY into the 21st century. We can only hope.

I should add when I recently purchased my land transfer was done the same day with a new title deed drafted while I waited!

Everyone's a winner.

David
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi David

As Pan noted - it's the planning office you should visit - they handle planning applications.

Assuming your application is approved:

Once the build has been completed you will need to invite the planning office to visit and inspect.

If all is OK, they will issue a 'completion certificate'

You will then need to take the certificate, architectural drawings, planning and building permits to the land registry where they will add the warehouse to the deed.

(I went through this process myself when I built my house.)

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Transmitter Man wrote: 19 Apr 2021 22:25
I should add when I recently purchased my land transfer was done the same day with a new title deed drafted while I waited!
Nothing new here, transfers are done on the same day and you can get a title deed printed whilst you wait, but this is not always the case, but good that you did. Once the transfer has been made, the paper copy is just a copy of what the register holds in your name, although it is consider the first attempt to prove you own the property.

There is a new system being/been put in place to issue planning permits within 30 days, whereby the Engineer/architect accept all the responsibility of the details, application submitted electronically, but speaking to colleagues in the field they laughed at it and said ' 30 day?' yeah ok, pull the other one.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Transmitter Man

Hi both,

Nigel,

I am pretty sure that while there is some bureaucracy involved my paperwork and procedure required is not the same as for your permanent structure.

I do need permission but I am not building a house. I am putting the equivalent of a 20ft shipping container down, that is all, no more, nothing, nadda.

I do need to find me an English speaking arcitect to assist me filling in the form.

Do you know anyone between you and myself here in Germasogeia?

David
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi David

I'll send you an email with the name of my architect. His office is in Limassol town - very close to Marks & Spencer..

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth