planning permision extentions

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
jimmyginaro

planning permision extentions

Post by jimmyginaro »

Hi There
i own a house built on top of another house.The owners below wish to knock the front wall down an extend to the edge of there front veranda. Can they do this without planning permision or my permission.The property is in larnaca.

hope you can help.
many thanks, Jim.
Pantheman

Re: planning permision extentions

Post by Pantheman »

Do you have a title deed? Are you co-owners? If yes then he needs your permission.

Either way he needs planning permission to do this. You can photograph it and complain to the planning office, verandahs cannot normally be converted to living spaces.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
jimmyginaro

Post by jimmyginaro »

Pantheman wrote: 16 Feb 2021 18:23 Do you have a title deed? Are you co-owners? If yes then he needs your permission.

Either way he needs planning permission to do this. You can photograph it and complain to the planning office, verandahs cannot normally be converted to living spaces.
Hi and thankyou
I have a title deed for my house above, and they have there own, so even though the properties are connected they are separately owned..for this reason there saying they can just go ahead with the work.
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

jimmyginaro wrote: 16 Feb 2021 18:54
Pantheman wrote: 16 Feb 2021 18:23 Do you have a title deed? Are you co-owners? If yes then he needs your permission.

Hi and thankyou
I have a title deed for my house above, and they have there own, so even though the properties are connected they are separately owned..for this reason there saying they can just go ahead with the work.
Is the title for the house or the land? Do you have a share of the land? If so you are co-owners. If you have a title for the house then not. But in any case they cannot just do what they want even though they have title deed, as stated, if you want this to stop you need to report them unfortunately.
FSB Properties Ltd
jimmyginaro

Post by jimmyginaro »

The Title deeds are for the house and 50 % share of the land..there arguing that the extention will end at the edge of there veranda on the ground floor
so technically its there property so i cant stop them going ahead.Im worried about the structure of my house with it being on top of theres.
They actually want to buy my house but are not willing to wait until i can get out to cyprus to complete the sale.
jimmyginaro

Post by jimmyginaro »

Pantheman wrote: 16 Feb 2021 19:07
jimmyginaro wrote: 16 Feb 2021 18:54

Hi and thankyou
Is the title for the house or the land? Do you have a share of the land? If so you are co-owners. If you have a title for the house then not. But in any case they cannot just do what they want even though they have title deed, as stated, if you want this to stop you need to report them unfortunately.
The Title deeds are for the house and 50 % share of the land..there arguing that the extention will end at the edge of there veranda on the ground floor
so technically its there property so i cant stop them going ahead.Im worried about the structure of my house with it being on top of theres.
They actually want to buy my house but are not willing to wait until i can get out to cyprus to complete the sale.
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

They appear to be co-owners therefore any planning permit would need your signature. Again, they need a permit they cannot just change things because it is theres.

As for the selling, you could just sell it, it'll take a couple of months to do anyway, and worst case you could rent for a short time just to get out of this situation.
FSB Properties Ltd
jimmyginaro

Post by jimmyginaro »

Many thanks for the advice much appreciated 😊👍👍