Applying for planning permission

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Transmitter Man

Applying for planning permission

Post by Transmitter Man »

Nigel & Co,

Is there a CY equivalent to 'Outline Planning permission' and if yes what is the name used here?

I have some land and I would like to apply for permission to build a small bungalow and I don't see the point in paying for aritectural plans if I'm going to be refused at the first hurdle.

Your thoughts?

David
Pantheman

Re: Applying for planning permission

Post by Pantheman »

Transmitter Man wrote: 07 Jan 2021 13:48 Nigel & Co,

Is there a CY equivalent to 'Outline Planning permission' and if yes what is the name used here?

I have some land and I would like to apply for permission to build a small bungalow and I don't see the point in paying for aritectural plans if I'm going to be refused at the first hurdle.

Your thoughts?

David
Hi,

Not really outline planning, but you can request from the Planning department their opinions on what you may build on it. You have to make application at the planning office for this.

If their answer is favourable then you can proceed to doing the plans.

If your land is agricultural, there is will be little chance of getting any permission and especially depending in what zone it finds itself. If it is residential then you'll have no problem and you can go straight to plans.

Good luck.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Transmitter Man

Re: Applying for planning permission

Post by Transmitter Man »

Hi Pantheman,

We have communicated previously.

thank you for your advice.

My land is agricultural however both water (irrigation & drinking) is already on-site as is electricity.

The road/track has also within the past coupler of months become fully registered. When I purchased the land it was 'under registration'.

I have 50m wide direct access from this road onto the land.

Less than 100m away is a large villa with mains sewerage and all utilities.

I was under the impression that one could apply for a single dwelling on agricultural land on condition you have registered road access or very close?

I do not mind it being agriculturally tied as I bought a vineyard :-)

David