Immovable property tax arrears

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Vonny

Immovable property tax arrears

Post by Vonny »

Hi nigel
Im trying to make sure all my bills are up to date electric, water, garbage all ok. Then i go to the municipality in ypsonas nice people but they insist i do not pay sewerage and municipality tax? I went 2 days running and asked and they said nothing to pay, please stop asking. i mean that made me really happy, but after everything I've read im kind of happy but confused (i even called the amathus sewerage authority and they said no) if thats the case prob ypsonas not on main sewerage and maybe municipality tax is incorperated in the garbage i dont know. My main question is an im scared to ask immovable property tax i know its finished for now but from 2008 to 2017 have you any idea how much i would owe. 1980 value £1800 i guess into euros 3,075 would you have a rough guess A KIND ONE. Thanks vonny😁
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Immovable property tax arrears

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Vonny

As your property has a 1980 value of about €3,075 there will be no Immovable Property Tax to pay.

I'm surprised that the 1980 value is so low? If your house shown on the deed?

Regards

Nigel
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Vonny

Post by Vonny »

Hi Nigel
As per usual on your forums thank you for the speedy reply. Yes i can only guess that my deeds show at most an old village house even though i bought a newly renovated house in 2008. Ref my last post ypsonas old village house.
My last surveyor report from the bank who is ETEK registered last week notes that the house was renovated in 2007 but i can find no permits or permissions to verify that so i dont know how he knows that. In his report it shows pics of the upstairs and the outside which im sure is without permission. For now i just have to be thankful the bank have given me a very large mortgage reduction and my daughter is buying the house, so when the deeds are exchanged in the next 2 weeks i hope. Then i will go see an architect and see if theres any way i can apply for the planning permissions under the amnesty, its a messy situation but i hope something can be done.
Thanks again vonny
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

With a 1980 value that you state, it would appear that it was for the land without the house and the 1980 general valuation did not pick it up as there may not have been permits for it!

If you care to put on here the title registration no. (located top right on the title deeds and it'll look something like 0/xxxx) I can look up the recent general valuation and any other details for it that may be on the system. In any case if the 1980 is below 12500 euros there is no IPT to pay.

As for the renovation it may be that there was a permit applied for to renovate it and that's what the valuer picked up.

If you did want to get permits for it (assuming there are none) you would need a complete set of plans with the application.

Do you know when the house was built??
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Vonny

To follow up on Pantheman's reply:

I wrote an aticle on how to find a property's valuation at - Online property valuations revisited.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Vonny

Post by Vonny »

Thanks again Nigel and pantheman

Nigel already kindly checked my deeds that i sent him by email. The value is a lot less than the 45% deposit i paid because its obviously an illigal build. The report i got from an ETEK (bank authorised) surveyor last week only mentions it was renovated in 2007 a year before i bought it, but never included any permission copies in the report.

Thanks to you guys i will wait 2 weeks to change the titles in my daughters name (shes fully aware of all the problems) then i will follow all the procedures you suggest and try to get the amnesty on illigal builds and i will do a lot better job than those i trusted in when i bought the house. Ref pantheman title reg is 0/18009 and the other ref no they use is 5021V01 plot 250. The 1980 price was €3,075.

Thanks again
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Vonny

Oops, I didn't recognise you handle. :-)

Cheers,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Vonny,

I looked this up. The 2018 general valuation is 14,200 euros, it is classed as a building plot of just 79m2 (hence the valuation) and there is a building listed on it built in 1950 of just 45m2.

See the below details:

Parcel Characteristics
Parcel Information
DISTRICT LEMESOS MUNICIPALITY/COMMUNITY DIMOS YPSONA QUARTER
BLOCK/REGISTRATION NUMBER 0/18009 BLOCK 01 PARCEL NUMBER 250
SHEET/PLAN 53/5021V01 PARCEL AREA (Sq.m) 79 PROPERTY TYPE LAND

Parcel Characteristics
Parcel Actual Use ΟΙΚΟΠΕΔΟ Parcel Access Type ΕΓΓΕΓΡΑΜΜΕΝΟΣ ΔΡΟΜΟΣ Parcel Rοad Site Relation ΑΠΟ ΜΙΑ ΠΛΕΥΡΑ (ΠΡΟΣΟΨΗ)
Parcel Road Level Parcel Shape ΚΑΝΟΝΙΚΟ Parcel View
Parcel Environment Parcel Obstancle Parcel Nuisance

Parcel's Buildings
Building 1:
Unit 1: - TWO STOREYED CONTIGUOUS RESIDENCE AND YARD
Unit Year Built 1950 Unit Class ΚΑΤΗΓΟΡΙΑΣ "Γ" Unit Condition ΜΕΤΡΙΑ
Unit View ΚΑΝΟΝΙΚΗ Unit Enclosed Extent 45

Hope this helps.

As it was built so long ago it would have been built under the old plans of the area and I doubt very much if you need any form of planning for it. If there are or you intend to do major changes then you will need planning. I also notice that you have a build density of 120% and a covered area of 70%.

TBH, I wouldn't worry too much about the permits since you now have the title deeds as i very much doubt you will need them. Worst case if you did need them, you could ask the Muktar to verify this property has been built correctly given its age. The Planning law N90/1072 came into force much later and in those days people just built where they believed their plots was.

Good luck.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Vonny

Post by Vonny »

Pantheman
Many thanks for taking the time to look up all my house details that was very kind of you.
I have been in the house for 12 yrs and only just found out all these irregularities grrr i just thought i had followed all the correct procedures. I think my upstairs veranda is 30 to 40 square meters alone and the house looked like a new build in 2008 when i paid £98000 cyp pounds. Whats done is done. Thanks to you and Nigel i think i know how to proceed should i wish to correct some things.
It really is very kind of you all on here to give your time and wealth of knowledge and its appreciated.
Vonny
carlg

Post by carlg »

Hi Nigel ,How do I determine if I owe any Immovable Propert Tax for years prior to it's abolition ?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi carlg

Is this the property in Limassol that you sold last year? If it now belongs to someone else there will be no IPT to pay.

As part of the transfer process the lawyer you appointed as your PoA would have got receipts from the Tax Department etc. confirming all taxes had been paid.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
carlg

Post by carlg »

Thanks for your prompt reply Nigel. Yes this is the apartment we sold last year but only now are we close to finalisng the sale

We were never registered with the tax authorities for IPT and so our lawyer will do this. I was hoping to get a heads up before then that's all

Kind Regards
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi carl

I've just checked the DLS database and the general 2013 valuation of the property is €22,800.00.

However, as Pantheman advised earlier the property is registered as a building plot (ΟΙΚΟΠΕΔΟ) and the Land Registry records show there's a 2-floor house on the land with a covered area of 45sqm that was built in 1950.

I guess you bought the property in joint names? If that's the case, IPT should be calculated on a value of €11,400.00 for each of you.

If that's the case, neither of you will be liable for IPT as the threshold at which IPT became payable was €12,500.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
carlg

Post by carlg »

Many thanks Nigel