Site selection for agriculture

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
kotsol

Site selection for agriculture

Post by kotsol »

Hello everybody, I tried DLS portal and didn't succeed in finding available plots for agriculture. Could you please guide me where I can find information on land zoning and plots availability? Is it possible though? My goal is to find a plot where we can build an aquaculture farm. Thank you very much for any advice!
Pantheman

Re: Site selection for agriculture

Post by Pantheman »

Hello ,

The DLS portal does not give available plots, you find these via estate agents of for sale signs.

Depending on your scheme, you may or may not be able to just do it, I would suggest you run your idea by a person in the planning office to get some idea if you might be able to do this. Just to buy a plot is not safe enough as if you are refused permission you may be stuck with it.

How much land are you looking for and what does this scheme entail????
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
kotsol

Post by kotsol »

Thank you very much, I’m a totally novice in that field, could you please tell me is it easy to access the guys in the planning office? For the building 300-400 square meters is enough. And is there an explanation of zone labels? What is zone H or Γ? Thank you again!
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

kotsol wrote: 03 Jun 2020 13:09 Thank you very much, I’m a totally novice in that field, could you please tell me is it easy to access the guys in the planning office? For the building 300-400 square meters is enough. And is there an explanation of zone labels? What is zone H or Γ? Thank you again!
You can access the planning department in the district you are looking to buy in. You can call and ask for an appointment.

If you are constructing a large building then you may not get planning depending on its use. If you bought, say a large piece of agricultural land, and wanted to erect a large building for 'Agricultural purposes' like a barn/storage, you could get a permit as long as the land plot touches a registered road.

The Zone labels 'H' means residential/development land

The Zone label 'Γ' means agricultural land

Depending on the following character, example H2, will give the density of build and covered area. H2 give 90% build and 50% covered.

get your scheme on paper and discuss it with planning.

Good luck.

How big land do you need?? and do you have any preferred location??
FSB Properties Ltd
kotsol

Post by kotsol »

Thank you very much for the reply, sorry, I was terribly busy last time and didn't answer. I'm looking for a plot near the sea (first line better) to establish small aquaculture. Size from 6000 sq.m is pretty enoughб but if there will be a possibility to expand in the future - even better. Thank you again.
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

kotsol wrote: 24 Sep 2020 10:09 Thank you very much for the reply, sorry, I was terribly busy last time and didn't answer. I'm looking for a plot near the sea (first line better) to establish small aquaculture. Size from 6000 sq.m is pretty enoughб but if there will be a possibility to expand in the future - even better. Thank you again.
You may not be aware, but land by the sea very expensive and much of it is residential. If you come in land (but depends how close to the sea you need to be) it is still not cheap agricultural land.

First line you should forget unless you are made of money! :)
FSB Properties Ltd
kotsol

Post by kotsol »

I got the idea, but are there some agents that sell such land or where can I find information for buying? Or maybe there is state land which is possible to rent for a long term? Could you please give an advise on where to go for such info?
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

kotsol wrote: 24 Sep 2020 12:32 I got the idea, but are there some agents that sell such land or where can I find information for buying? Or maybe there is state land which is possible to rent for a long term? Could you please give an advise on where to go for such info?
Firstly decide on the area you want, then locate and agent via google for that area. Info on buying land can be found here:

https://fsbproperties.com/buying-property-in-cyprus/

Or any of the agents websites usually that you are searching. Buying the land is not the beginning, you need to be sure that you will be able to do your idea, otherwise you would have bought it and be stuck with it.

Forget Government land, they probably would not rent it to you and even if they did it could take years to get an agreement.
FSB Properties Ltd
kotsol

Post by kotsol »

Thank you very much!