Steps to build a ready made container house

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Lucianno

Steps to build a ready made container house

Post by Lucianno »

hello! I intend to buy this land:
Available for sale is the empty 1/14 share of the residential field which is approximate 167m2. The property falls into residential planning zone Η2 with 90% building density, 50% coverage, 2 floors and a maximum height of 8.3m. Subject to VAT.

Help telling me if possible:
What are the steps I have to make, to don't have problems ever.
To make a foundation where the house will come. (Will not be build, it is build ready, 36 square metres house)
To bring the house.
Where to go, what permits I need, I know nothing. I just found the land and the house separate for sale.
Thank you in advance! So glad I found you
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Steps to build a ready made container house

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Luciano and welcome to the forum.

Your 1/14 share is 11.92 square metres! Too small for anything and you'll need vehicular access, electricity, water, etc, etc.

Suggest you look for for a building plot (ikopedo). This will have a road, pavement, electricity and water already provided.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Beware of buying shares of lands as they always come with problems. First of all you will need the permission of the other co-owners to do anything on this small plot, what if anyone of them refuses??

You should make sure you use a lawyer to buy this and that everyone agrees to sign any paperwork for you before you buy it.

Then, what else is on this land?? It may be that the density is all used up and you will not be able to place anything there.

To put anything on this land you need a planning permit, and then a build permit as there may be other things you will need to build like pavements etc.

You should commission an architect to advise you otherwise it could be an expensive mistake.

Do not buy this without a lawyers advice, you will be asking for trouble. I don't see why there is vat on this land it is not a building plot!!!

Good luck.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Nigel Howarth wrote: 28 Apr 2020 13:45 Hello Luciano and welcome to the forum.

Your 1/14 share is 11.92 square metres! Too small for anything and you'll need vehicular access, electricity, water, etc, etc.

Suggest you look for for a building plot (ikopedo). This will have a road, pavement, electricity and water already provided.

Regards
Nigel, I think he means that the 1/14 share equates to 167m2.
FSB Properties Ltd
Lucianno

Post by Lucianno »

Thank you all for answering.
162m2 it the the size of the shared plot for sale.
The plot it is listed for share on G&P Lazarious. I called there someone at the office to ask details about the land:
Has nothing builded on my share and he has "a paper" (don't know what paper) that show exactly what is my shared part of the land and I can build without requesting the other 14 owners. (If even is possible)
Everything will be supervised by a lawyer.

Thank you!
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Lucianno

The only way you'll be able to build on the land without getting the permission from the other owners is if your share of the land has a separate Title Deed. This will make you the owner of 100% of the land you're thinking of buying. But even then you'll need permission of all the owners to transfer title (ownership) to yourself.

The owners of the land can apply to the land registry to have the land sub-divided into plots (at their expense.) This will ensure that your share has a separate Title Deed.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Lucianno wrote: 28 Apr 2020 16:45 Thank you all for answering.
162m2 it the the size of the shared plot for sale.
The plot it is listed for share on G&P Lazarious. I called there someone at the office to ask details about the land:
Has nothing builded on my share and he has "a paper" (don't know what paper) that show exactly what is my shared part of the land and I can build without requesting the other 14 owners. (If even is possible)
Everything will be supervised by a lawyer.

Thank you!
Luciano,

this plot is going to cause you problems I believe. By the time you have left a 3m min gap between each boundary, space for the pavement and the fall back from the main road, there will be very little land left to build much else. If you were able to get a permit I am pretty sure they will insist that you are responsible for the pavement for the entire plot not just your bit. Before you buy this you should seek the advice of an architect that knows the regulations otherwise you will just be left with it. Unless you just want to sit a 'lyomeno' on it. Depending on it position and location they planning authority my ask for other things like walkways/rights of way to be constructed, they will place the cost on you unless that paper the agent has says so.

Why not ask the agent, for the owners to apply at your expense, if you get the permit, you buy, if you don't, you don't buy???

I understand what the paper the agent has but this is only so that you know which piece is yours.

But at the end of the day you are asking for trouble.

As a matter of interest where is this plot and what is the price asked.??
FSB Properties Ltd
Lucianno

Post by Lucianno »

The plot is in Lympia, he asks 4.000 euros
I am searching for a solution to put a 36 square meters container house, without too much trouble and to be together everything up to 20.000 euros, the amount that bank approved for a loan.
I don't care it is residential or agricultural.
Until now I didn't found a solution for this...

My next option is to buy an old house with land and to rebuild it, I have 2 options, one is very far (in kampos for 12.000 euros) and second one not very far but no land at all (in Klirou for 15.000 euros)
Thank you!