Building External Isolation

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
shatulina

Building External Isolation

Post by shatulina »

Hi all, we are a building with 4 floors (several owners), 2005 year of built, Limassol based. As we wish to improve quality of the apartments, isolation wise, we are looking into regulations regarding such. We got some inputs that government is sponsoring in some conditions part of the expenses.
Can someone guide to specific legislation and eventually how we should plan it. Thank you in advance for your response on this and have a great weekend! Laura
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Building External Isolation

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Laura

I think the best thing to do is to get in touch with one of the contacts listed on the Scheme for Promoting Saving and Upgrading of Households. They should be able to advise you what grants are available for what and how to apply.

(I know of a company in Paphos that's up to speed with all this - if you want their contact details send me a Private Message.)

If you're planning to add some sort of cladding to external walls of the building, you may need planning and/or building consent permits. If it's internal to the property, you should be OK.

I guess your apartments are registered as a jointly-owned building? If so you will need to establish a 'sinking fund' to hold any money collected for the work. You'll need the agreement of the majority of owners to do this.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
J B

Re: Building External Isolation

Post by J B »

Do you mean insulation? :oops:
--
J B
shatulina