Finding owner of property.

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Ofer

Finding owner of property.

Post by Ofer »

Hello all.
I found a house that i like,which is closed and no one lives there.there is no sign of :"for sale".
Can i find somehow,the owner ?I know the exact address and location.
Thank you
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Finding owner of property.

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Ofer

Unfortunately it can be difficult to find out who owns the house:

In England and Wales
  • The Land Registry operates an open register which means that copies of all documents referred to on the registered title can be obtained by anyone, subject to payment of the necessary fee.
In Cyprus
  • Information or documents in the public register of Titles connected with the ownership of immovable properties and charges or encumbrances lodged against them are treated as confidential and unavailable for public inspection.
But if you visit the local Community/Municipal offices, they may be able to help.

It may also be possible for a lawyer here 'with a good working relationship' with the Cyprus Land Registry staff to obtain the information.

If you have the address and location, you can get further details of the property on the Department of Lands & Survey's website. I wrote an article a couple of years ago that will help - Online property valuations revisited.

You can search using a property's address or better still its map reference (which you should be able to get on your mobile phone.) That will give you the size of the land and information about anything built on the land - plus the property's taxable value.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Ofer

Re: Finding owner of property.

Post by Ofer »

Nigel,thank you very much.