Title Deeds Admin Sequence

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Tom

Title Deeds Admin Sequence

Post by Tom »

Hello
Looking for advise if possible:
Applied for Title Deeds under the discount scheme in September 2015.
At the time I was advised that our property developer file had been sent to Nicosia for the Separations section to be checked (Paphos had too much work to cope with)
April of this year the file was returned from Nicosia, and went to an office on the 2nd floor of the Paphos Land Registry offices. ( unfortunately did not get the department name)
After approximately one month the file has moved on to the Drawing Office (23rd May) They estimate their work will be complete by the end of June.
I am told the file then goes to the Local Enquiry office (2nd floor of Land Reg) Not sure for how long, or where it goes from there.

Has anyone gone through the entire process from application to issue of Title Deeds at Paphos?
If so can you possibly advise on the sequence of events, and the approximate time scale of:
Checking the Property developer file
Checking my file for proof of payment of our villa etc etc.

Many Thanks
Tom
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Title Deeds Admin Sequence

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Tom

There's an article in my Cyprus Property News that explains the process of issuing Title Deeds - Creating and issuing Title Deeds.

How long does it take? That will depend on workload and any issues they come across.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi Nigel

Thanks for your reply and link to; Creating & Issuing Title Deeds. I had read the article in 2014, but to be honest had forgotten it existed.
I was also hopeful that the system would have been stream lined, following the recent incentive to apply for Title Deeds.
In our case the system seems to have been made even longer, in that our Developers file spent the first five months in Nicosia. And now appears to be following that listed in the 2014 article.
Looks like many more months of checking and rechecking by Paphos Land Registry.
There is one point in the article: ''Thirdly, a person from this department (Local Enquiry Department) goes out and checks each property to ensure all licenses, certificates, survey information, etc are all in place, & everything is OK.
Any idea what these licenses cover?

Still hopeful for a reply from someone who has recently obtained their Title Deeds, and is willing to share their experience.

Not sure what action I can take, but time is running out before the 50% reduction expires at the end of this year. Unless the deadline is extended!!

Regards

Tom
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Dear Tom,

there is no one size fits all as there are many factors that will determine the time frame to completion. Each case is different with differing circumstances and asking for someone else experience may have no resemblance to you. Waiting is the game in Cyprus, slow yes, but eventually they get there. Unfortunately, there is not much else you can do.

As for the licences these would be the original planning and build permits issued for the construction to commence.

Good luck all the same.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com