title deeds

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
oldmanofthesea

title deeds

Post by oldmanofthesea »

Hi Nigel, Perhaps you can assist me with a query. I received the title deeds to my apartment in Limassol a couple of years ago, (one of the lucky one's), however the 4-page title deeds are in the Greek language and, as an English speaker, I am unable to read/understand the content of the title deeds.
Can you suggest a solution as to how I can have the title deeds translated from the Greek language into the English language?.
May I take this opportunity to wish you and your family a happy and peaceful festive season and a prosperous 2016.
Best Regards, oldmanofthesea
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: title deeds

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi oldmanofthesea

There's a partial translation that may be all you need at http://cdn.cyprus-property-buyers.com/w ... _303_c.pdf

The front page is a title page, the second page at shown in the link above has all the details, the third page will have a copy of the cadastral plan and the back page has some typed notes at the bottom.

As you've got an apartment the second page should also share the share you own of the complex. This is the figure used to calculate your contribution to the Management Committee for the insurance, maintenance, etc. of the jointly-owned parts.

I hope this helps.

I hope that you and your family have a Happy Christmas and a peaceful and healthy 2016.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news