Taxes and other charges

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
philip

Taxes and other charges

Post by philip »

As a new holiday home owner on the island I have got the communal charges and water and electric bills sorted out but can anyone please give me a list of all the other bills I can expect to be hit with as time goes by as I am still not quite clued up on the Cypriot way of paying taxes :-? . And also when they are due, where do I have to go to pay them and roughly how much money I will have to part with given the property value and location. I have a two bedroom apartment in Pafos with a 1980 valuation of 22,000 euros and have been told I will have no IPT to pay this year. Many thanks.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Taxes and other charges

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi philip

Check out Annual Property Taxes and Fees in Cyprus.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
philip

Re: Taxes and other charges

Post by philip »

Nigel Howarth wrote:Hi philip

Check out Annual Property Taxes and Fees in Cyprus.

Regards
Thank you for the useful link Nigel. I have just recently had a bill for the rubbish collection as it happens. I am not in Cyprus right now but I do have someone check my mail weekly. Now our block has leaking water mains apparently caused by the earthquake although why it has taken this long to detect it I don`t know. Each block has six apartments and since the cost of repair divided by six I think would be cheaper than the £1,500 excess for earthquake damage I would have to pay I guess it would be cheaper to pay cash, I hope. I will get there with it in the end. Kindest regards, Philip.