Half price Title deeds

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
annlol

Half price Title deeds

Post by annlol »

What a laugh. Now the bill regarding acquisition of Title Deeds appears to have been either shelved or delayed, there will be no Title Deeds to,purchase.

Back to square 1......after 14 years we have no deeds and the Land Registry has no money!!!!!
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Half price Title deeds

Post by Nigel Howarth »

annlol wrote:What a laugh. Now the bill regarding acquisition of Title Deeds appears to have been either shelved or delayed, there will be no Title Deeds to, purchase.
No it hasn't - the bill was passed on Thursday - see Property transfer fees halved.

Rgds,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
annlol

Post by annlol »

The bill I was referring to,was the one relating to the Banks sorting the NPL 's. and the head of the land registry over riding decisions re TITLE deeds. Of course we are over the moon at the thought of a 50% reduction! but how much longer will we have to wait to avail ourselves of this generous discount.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

annlol wrote:Of course we are over the moon at the thought of a 50% reduction! but how much longer will we have to wait to avail ourselves of this generous discount.
Hopefully the law will soon be published in the Cyprus Gazette so we will be able to say with certainty its scope and to whom it will apply.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
annlol

Post by annlol »

I notice in the. Cyprus mail today that the Troika are obviously pushing this as it appears the plenum are discussing this on Septemberb3rd. perhaps we will be lucky in 2015 after waiting nearly 15 years.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

annlol wrote:it appears the plenum are discussing this on September 3rd.
As I said earlier, the bill to reduce Property Transfer Fees has been passed. I'm waiting for the law to be published in the Cyprus Gazette for further details.

The plenum on 3rd September will discuss and vote on the 'hidden mortgages' bill.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth