English Translation of Title Deed

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
RoyalT

English Translation of Title Deed

Post by RoyalT »

We have been informed that our Title Deeds are now ready for transfer. I have received a photocopy of the deed from the developer which of course is in Greek. Is there a general deed translation available anywhere?

For information:
The IPT charged by the developer is as follows:
2006-2011 0.4% (for 5 years)
2012 0.8%
2013 0.19%

Are these charges correct and can I claim the full total from the Tax Office? (I have registered the property with the tax office)

They are also charging Council Tax of €75 p.a. is this correct
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: English Translation of Title Deed

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi RoyalT

The second page of the document at http://cdn.cyprus-property-buyers.com/w ... _303_c.pdf should enable you to translate the important bits of the deed.

The percentage IPT figures are correct with the exception of 2013, which should be 1.9%.

I cannot say whether the amount you are being charged is accurate without knowing the figure on which the calculations are based (which should be the 1980 value of the property).

Assuming the calculations are correct you should be able to submit a claim to recover the IPT you paid for years 2006-2012 plus much of the IPT you paid in 2013 - but if the property's 1980 value is less than €25,000 you will be able to claim all of the 2013 amount (assuming you bought in joint names).

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news