closing my bank of cyprus account

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
jojo

closing my bank of cyprus account

Post by jojo »

Hi , can anyone advise me how to close my Bank of Cyprus account from the uk.
Having sold my Cyprus property Months ago and thankfully transfered all monies back to the UK, I have still to close my Polis based bank of Cyprus account, my solicitor who dealt with my property sale had power of attourney, however this was not enough to deal with the bank on my behalf. This bank account was just to pay utility bills etc.
I do bank online with them but can only transfer monies within Cyprus.
I did ring the bank and they told me to put my request in writing which I have done,(Month ago) as yet they have not acknowledged receipt, having communicated with them via online banking.
Although I am only talking a few hundred euros, I would sooner it was in my uk account not theirs.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated

Thanks in advance

jojo
Jockken

Re: closing my bank of cyprus account

Post by Jockken »

Hi I'm no expert but do you have anyone/friends or trusted acquaintances (on the island) who you could pay and then have them
pay you? You could also achieve this if you have a cash card. I realise this would not result in the bank account being closed but at least you got you 'few hundred euros' back
jojo wrote:Hi , can anyone advise me how to close my Bank of Cyprus account from the uk.
Having sold my Cyprus property Months ago and thankfully transfered all monies back to the UK, I have still to close my Polis based bank of Cyprus account, my solicitor who dealt with my property sale had power of attourney, however this was not enough to deal with the bank on my behalf. This bank account was just to pay utility bills etc.
I do bank online with them but can only transfer monies within Cyprus.
I did ring the bank and they told me to put my request in writing which I have done,(Month ago) as yet they have not acknowledged receipt, having communicated with them via online banking.
Although I am only talking a few hundred euros, I would sooner it was in my uk account not theirs.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated

Thanks in advance

jojo