Solicitors fee's

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
UBoat

Solicitors fee's

Post by UBoat »

Hello

OK I have recently decided to sell my property and have contacted a solicitor (recommended by the sales agent) for an approx figure they would charge me for the legal side of the proceedings. I was informed it would be 12% plus VAT plus any out of pocket expenses. but, I need to ask by email for a better quote.
Can any one tell me if this is a high figure? and is it normal for out of pocket expenses to be put on top. ( we all know this could be any trumpet up thing). It seems a large percentage to me is this correct?

Also can you recommend some reliable solicitors where I can get some further quotes from?

Thank You

UBoat
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Solicitors fee's

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi UBoat

Try contacting some of the lawyers on the British High Commission's list and get some competitive quotes.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

UBoat wrote:Hello

OK I have recently decided to sell my property and have contacted a solicitor (recommended by the sales agent) for an approx figure they would charge me for the legal side of the proceedings. I was informed it would be 12% plus VAT plus any out of pocket expenses. but, I need to ask by email for a better quote.
Can any one tell me if this is a high figure? and is it normal for out of pocket expenses to be put on top. ( we all know this could be any trumpet up thing). It seems a large percentage to me is this correct?

Also can you recommend some reliable solicitors where I can get some further quotes from?

Thank You

UBoat
Are you sure it is 12%, that's just plain mad. There is a problem there somewhere, are you sure they didn't mean 1-2 %.

You can expect to pay around 1% or less plus vat. Out of pocket expenses is normal, these would be payments to land registry, authority office, transfer of funds costs etc.

Whatever you do, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT PAYING THIS AMOUNT FOR LEGAL FEES TO SELL

What are are you in??
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
emgee

Post by emgee »

UBoat

"Recommended by the Sales Agent", not a good move!

See the top of this page written in red ink..."Don't even.....

Good luck

Alan
UBoat

Post by UBoat »

Thanks for the advice I will contact others.
Im sure I heard this woman correctly and I did not think it was right.
cyprus101

Post by cyprus101 »

12% is shockingly high! We don't know anyone that has paid anything close to this. We always tell clients it is generally 1% of the purchase price or an agreed upon fixed fee. That is what the solicitors we know and trust charge.