Tainted Deeds

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
andyp

Tainted Deeds

Post by andyp »

As we all know Land Registry is indeed speeding up the issue of title deeds but as we all may not remember some of these are likely to be tainted due to incorrect compliance with planning and building regulations.

You mentioned in a post on the Troika/deeds article that the 3 types of deed are colour coded. I just wondered whether these deeds will in fact be colour coded so that buyers know exactly what they are getting or whether you would have to get the deed translated in advance to be sure?

Thanks.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Tainted Deeds

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi andyp

As far as I am aware none of these 'tainted' Title Deeds have been issued so I can't say if they'll be colour-coded (my deed is a buff colour).

The deeds will have a note on them - check out Summary of Cyprus planning amnesty laws revealed which says.

"The issuing of titles with «notes of irregularities» for minor irregularities is authorised.

The issuing of a «certificate of non-authorized works», which eventually leads to the issuing of titles with a note prohibiting the voluntary transferring or burdening of the property is also authorised."

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
andyp

Re: Tainted Deeds

Post by andyp »

Many thanks for the prompt reply Nigel.

If I ever get offered my deeds I will need to be wary and check the paperwork before handing over the cash as my house had a considerable number of design changes and I have no idea whether the developer had these approved by the municipality. The contract states that he is responsible for obtaining all these consents but as I ended up with a forged registered contract anyway this is another can of worms that I do not wish to open at the moment.

Regards and best wishes.