Sewerage Board of Pafos

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
DanDan

Sewerage Board of Pafos

Post by DanDan »

My developer is also asking me to pay for Sewerage, as well as the IPt back-dated to 2009, I understand that I have to pay the IPT, but what is the SBP for? Also he will not give me a break-down and is charging me 1.9% as the yearly figure has gone up from 250 euro for three years, then 450 in 2012 and now 750 in 2013, and the SBP has increased from 170 to 200, what is going on, and what other taxes are paid yearly? I was not told about these, eventhough it does state in my Contract of Sale, that all taxes have to be paid for, but I assumed that we would pay these through, council tax and water rates, and of course the IPT to the government when we received the Title Deeds. Please can any-one enlighten me. Tks.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Sewerage Board of Pafos

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi DanDan

There are three local taxes paid annually:

Immovable Property Tax (payable to the Community/Municipality)
Sewerage (I pay this at my Community Office)
Immovable Property Tax (payable to the Inland Revenue)

Your local Community/Municipal Office will be able to advise you of the current rates for the first two of the above.

As for the Immovable Property Tax (payable to the Inland Revenue) - for 2009-2011 inclusive the top rate was 0.4%, in 2012 this went up to 0.8% and this year it's gone up to 1.9%.

Your developer is required to provide you with a breakdown of the Immovable Property Tax be has paid on the property you purchases - see this letter from the Interior Ministry - and give a copy to your developer if he refuses to co-operate.

For more information - including how to reclaim any overpayments of IPT - please see Cyprus Immovable Property Tax law.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news