We want a bore hole

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
dobiemum

We want a bore hole

Post by dobiemum »

Hi Nigel,

We have recently acquired our title deeds and have been told that we can apply for a bore hole for watering our garden, we have quite a large plot and using metered drinking water is not only expensive but wasteful. We understand that we have to apply for permission for a bore hole. Can you advise who we go to and can anyone make any recommendations of companies that undertake this drilling.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Lizzie
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: We want a bore hole

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Lizzie

I looked into this several years ago for someone. As I recall you first have to get a permit to bore from the District Office - then you need another permit to raise the water that defines the volume of water you are allowed - and you can also apply for 'cheap' electricity to raise the water. The water is metered.

I'm sure if you contact one of the pump supply companies they will be able to put you in touch with a company that can do the drilling and explain what's needed. (I found one on the Internet - APM Petrides & Sons Ltd in Limassol - tel: 25 363347/25 362389)

You can find the electricity charges at http://www.eac.com.cy/EN/CustomerServic ... 202013.pdf

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news