Campsite on Agricultural land

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
DimsK

Campsite on Agricultural land

Post by DimsK »

Hello everyone,

I have been reading all the wonderful replies on this forum and though I would also seek advise from the clever folks here.

I wanted to find out whether we need approvals and permits to setup a campsite for a yoga/spiritual retreat centre on agricultural land.

We will need to level some sections of the land and create a base for the tents, but there will be no fixed structures.

We have also considered using containerized toilets or outhouses with a septic tank (not sure if this will need a permit)

Finally our training / hosting centre will also be either a container (40ft with an external deck) or a Marquee tent.

I would really appreciate any feedback and also any contact of architects / consultants who do these types of applications.

Much appreciated.

Thank you
Kind regards
Dimitri
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Campsite on Agricultural land

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Dimitri and welcome to the forum.

I expect you will need some sort of planning permission and it will be best if you get in touch with your local planning office to see what's required.

There are a number of yoga retreats in Cyprus, which you can find using Google. It may be worthwhile talking to them to see if they had any problems with permits, licencing, etc.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news