Lawyer not providing copy of Agreement - what now?

Have you bought 'off-plan' and having problems?
kirby

Lawyer not providing copy of Agreement - what now?

Post by kirby »

I am not sure if I am posting in the right place - apologies if it is wrong.

My property is due to be finished in April. Due to issues with the build, a Supplementary Agreement was drawn up by my lawyer whereby we got additional things as a result of the issues (I am not at liberty to go in to more details I am afraid).

The lawyer got the signed Agreement from me at her offices on 4th Jan which then needed signing by the developer. I was promised I'd get a scan of the signed Agreement ocne the developer had signed it.

Despite numerous telephone calls and emails to both the lawyer's Head of Complaints (the lawyer is 'unavailable' - on holiday, off sick, out of the country, and now just 'unavailable') and the developer, none of them will confirm that the Agreement has been signed by the developer. When I asked the lawyer's Head of Complaints why she could not just look on my file to see what is happening, apparently she can only look at files when instructed by the lawyer.

I really don't know what to do next. I don't want to 'lose' what I have agreed to within the Supplementary Agreement but wonder if the lawyer is stalling me so that the build is completed without the things agreed to and I am left without recourse. Or, it could be sheer incompetence!

And yes, it is the Paphos based lady lawyer who is much maligned on this forum!

Any ideas please anyone? I live in UK and have no plans to visit Cyprus unless it is to punch someone on the nose :)
Pantheman

Re: Lawyer not providing copy of Agreement - what now?

Post by Pantheman »

I am willing to bet she has not got it signed hence the reason for not responding.

depending who your developer is, I understand she is shacked up with one of them.

You may have to take a flyer (very apt) and come over and see her, by kicking down the door.

This person needs shooting she is a disgrace and if I ever had the opportunity I would tell her so.

She obviuosly has connections higher up, but that does not put her above the law.

sorry to here of your troubles.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
kirby

Post by kirby »

Thank you Pantheman. Your vehemence in the way you responded to my posting is exactly how I feel about the whole situation! :)

You anger and disgust so much mirrors mine that it actually made me smile - the first time since I bought the place!
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi kirby,

I cannot add anything to what Pan has suggested - this woman should have her licence removed.

One thing I would suggest is that you write a letter of complaint to the Bar Association. The more complaints they receive, the more likely they are to do something about it. (See http://www.cyprusbarassociation.org/cms ... page_id=29 )

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
kirby

Post by kirby »

Thank you Nigel and Pantheman. I now have a copy of the Agreement! :-))