Compulsory acquisition of title

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
coops

Compulsory acquisition of title

Post by coops » 04 Oct 2019 15:34

Hello,

We have completed a compulsory acquisition of title form via the Land Regsitry- our title deeds are not yet ready and I find it so difficult to know how close we are. The developer just fobs me off with "not ready" and the land registry is just impossible to get hold of to get an update.

Could you explain what the compulsory acquisition of title form actually does when our title deeds are finally ready?

Thank you

Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Compulsory acquisition of title

Post by Nigel Howarth » 04 Oct 2019 22:17

Hi coops,

It's impossible to say how long it will take to issue your Title Deed after completing a compulsory acquisition of title form.

It all depends on how much work needs to be done. It could be the property hasn't been inspected by the Planning Authority and issued with its Completion Certificate. It could be that the plot has yet to be subdivided.

YOu can read more about the actual process on pages 12 & 13 of the Department of Lands & Survey's Citizens' Charter.

Regards,

Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news

coops

Post by coops » 04 Oct 2019 23:12

Thank you Nigel. When they are ready what does this form do for us exactly? Sorry, I just don’t understand what advantages it will give us. Thanks.

coops

Post by coops » 08 Nov 2019 16:23

Nigel- did you have any clarification on my question- what does the compulsory acquisition form actually do when it is in place for when our title deeds are issued? Thank you