Conversing with the DLO

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
coops

Conversing with the DLO

Post by coops »

HI,

I just wondered if anyone had any tips with how to get information out of the DLO about title deed situations. It is rare that they answer the telephone if you ring and you get a different person each time who says he has no idea where you file is. Today I had a new situation where the chap told me that they no longer discuss the situation on the telephone or via a face to face appointment but you give them your application number and they will locate the file and then write to you (at some point). It would seem to me that the DLO have now worked out a way to be even less contactable than they have been in the past. A poor service has just become even worse in my view.

If anyone has any tips on getting high quality (well any..) information, that would be great!
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Conversing with the DLO

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi coops

I expect you're after information regarding your application for Title Deeds? There are around 70,000 others wanting the same.

There are people outside the LROs who may be able to help, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

It's a case of waiting. The LRO will be in touch eventually.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
coops

Post by coops »

Thanks Nigel. What do you mean about people outside the LROs who might be able to help? Are these the people who have set up in the coffee shops of the LRO (seen them in Nicosia)
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

coops wrote: 01 Apr 2019 23:42Are these the people who have set up in the coffee shops of the LRO
I expect they are - in Limassol they sit around outside the land office.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news