Turkish land

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
Barrie Davies

Turkish land

Post by Barrie Davies »

Hello. I made an arrangement with a developer to build a house in 2006. I have asked repeatedly for the deeds to no avail. It now transpires that he built the house but encroached 70 m onto turkish land. I have been told by the land registry that I cannot sell the house because of the encroached turkish land. I want to sell and go back to UK. What can I do? Barrie Davies
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Turkish land

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Barrie and welcome to the forum.

If it's possible to adjust the boundary to to avoid the encroachment, you should do that.

Secondly sue the developer and also your lawyer who clearly failed to protect your interests - and you should also complain to the Cyprus Bar Association on grounds of Inadequate Professional Services.

I'm afraid there isn't a simple solution to your problem and you'll need to sure the 'crooks' who got you into this mess to recover your money.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Barrie Davies

Post by Barrie Davies »

Hi Nigel. Thanks for the very quick reply. Unfortunately, the Turkish boundary line runs right through my pool and outside utility room. To reset the boundary it would mean filling in the pool, demolishing the utility room and moving the gas tank, central heating and water pump - obviously expensive and reduces the value of the house considerably. Taking a stage further, the lawyer and his firm are deceased and the developer has gone bankrupt. All in all, a disaster!!!!
Barrie
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Barrie Davies wrote: 03 Jan 2019 14:26 Hi Nigel. Thanks for the very quick reply. Unfortunately, the Turkish boundary line runs right through my pool and outside utility room. To reset the boundary it would mean filling in the pool, demolishing the utility room and moving the gas tank, central heating and water pump - obviously expensive and reduces the value of the house considerably. Taking a stage further, the lawyer and his firm are deceased and the developer has gone bankrupt. All in all, a disaster!!!!
Barrie
Wow! sorry to hear about this, but as a very long shot, and if you don't try poi don't get, why not write to the ministry of Interior (the Custodian of TC lands), explain the situation and ask if it is possible to purchase the extra metres of encroachment.

Explain, how it happened, that you were let down by your now deceased lawyer and bankrupt developer and that you really need to move on and could they help in any way.

It's the only thing I can think of.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Barrie Davies

Post by Barrie Davies »

Hi Nigel. Have written to Interior Ministry, CY President, CY Ombudsman, Limassol Land Registry. Theresa May, Land Registry Surveyor, Bankrupt Developer, Current Lawyer - any other suggestions !!!!!!! Barrie
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Barrie

You seem to have covered everything - perhaps a letter to your MEP could help?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Nigel Howarth wrote: 04 Jan 2019 18:16 Hi Barrie

You seem to have covered everything - perhaps a letter to your MEP could help?

Regards,
... or even a solicitors letter to the architect working for the developer. He carries responsibility for the build, he has indemnity insurance. Sue him, or try.

Another thought, if the Land registry hs said it is 'Turkish' land, can they give you the owner details, perhaps you could negotiate a deal with him, a long shot I know, but it's all I can think of now.

Good luck.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com