Communal Disabled Ground Floor Shower and Toilet

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
Nigelb

Communal Disabled Ground Floor Shower and Toilet

Post by Nigelb »

Hi Nigel

When we were buying our apartment the Real Estate Agents advised us that under EU Law, that was becoming part of Cypriot Building Regs, the Block had to have a lift and on the ground floor a communal disabled shower and toilet room as well as a communal swimming pool for the complex.
When we moved in the ground floor apartment owner, a Cypriot, said the disabled room was his and took ownership of it from moving in and everyone else had no use of it and he refused to contribute to the annual maintenance costs for the lift as he said he did not have need to use it. The Developers completed the pool but after the first year filled it in and turned it into the 'Pool Bar'....lol and this has now closed.

Why oh Why were Real Estate Agents not empowered that they had to inform prospective buyers of the need for all Jointly Owned Buidings to have a Management Committee and all tenants in the Block had to contribute to Maintenance?

Your Property News email I received today has been a complete eye opener on what should have been happening from day one and why didn't our lawyer highlight this requirement.

So how can we prove we are all entitled to access for the disabled wet room?

Regards
Nigel
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Communal Disabled Ground Floor Shower and Toilet

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Nigel and welcome to the forum

Apologies 4 delay I've been visiting friends in London.

I suggest you form a Management Committee a.s.a.p. Then you will have the power to take this cretin who's taken over the disabled access to court - and the Committee's court costs and legal fees can be recovered.

Did you use a lawyer when you purchased the apartment?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Nigelb

Post by Nigelb »

Hi NIgel

Thanks for the welcome, yes we had a lawyer recommended by SOC, "xxxx", from whom we got no info from either about what was required about Complex Committees and and Communal Insurance cover which I consider is very poor when both have received a nice payment from us and done nothing in return except get us to sign an ownership agreement.

Regards
Nigel
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Nigel

I've edited your post to remove the lawyer's name - I know many lawyers and developers read the posts here.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'ownership agreement'? Can you explain.

BTW - the British High Commission publishes a list of lawyers that you can find by clicking here. You will note that "xxxx" is not listed - enough said!

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Nigelb

Post by Nigelb »

Hi Nigel

What I should have said was 'Contract of Sale'

Regards

Nigel