Ownership and rights

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
Meyrem akinci

Ownership and rights

Post by Meyrem akinci »

Hi
when my partner and I bought land in Cyprus around 11-12 years ago , were married and when the land got bought he only put his name on the paper. As husband and wife I didn't see no threat in this however now we are not getting along so well and he is refusing to put my name onto the property. The house is now built on the land and all expenses is covered from me as he led me on to believe that I will get my share of the house. Nothing came out of his pocket yet he won't grant me access to the property in Cyprus in terms of having my name on the house. My question was how can I sort out this problem and can he pass the land onto his children without my consent? Finally as there's no Will if he was to pass away what will happen to the house?

Thank You
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Ownership and rights

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Meyrem akinci and welcome to the forum.

Where is the property?

Are you and your estranged husband Cypriot?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Meyrem akinci

Post by Meyrem akinci »

Hi
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. The property is in North Cyprus & yes we are both Cypriot.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Meyrem akinci

I thought from your name that was probably the case. I'm sorry but I don't know what the laws are in the north, I suggest that you speak with a family lawyer for advice.

The British High Commission in Nicosia publishes a list of lawyers that may help at Cyprus (north) – List of Lawyers.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news