Received title deeds

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
bugsy

Received title deeds

Post by bugsy »

Just an update. Having purchased our villa on 1st November last year and having just a few problems, we have now received our title deeds. They are in Greek and I don't understand them but we have them! I was expecting to wait a long time so I am impressed. We have had a little misunderstanding with the local municipality. They sent us a water bill and when I tried to explain the bill was from last June and we didn't purchase until November, they would not listen. In the end we paid and put it down to 'this is Cyprus'. We cannot blame the previous owners as they wouldn't let them pay it either!
We are now looking forward to many years of retirement, eventually in Cyprus, rather than the rainy days of the Midlands.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Received title deeds

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Bugsy,

Congratulations! Time to open that bottle of Dom Pérignon champagne you've been keeping in the fridge to celebrate.

As you bought resale, I expect the deeds were in the process of being issued when you purchased - and the Land Registry is working to clear the backlog of applications.

As for translating the deeds, the document I prepared at http://cdn.cyprus-property-buyers.com/w ... _303_c.pdf will get nearly all the information for you. (Someone told me the staff at the Paphos Inland Revenue Office were actually using it to explain to non-Greek speakers how to complete the Immovable Property Tax form).

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
bugsy

Post by bugsy »

Thank you for that. I assume the tax was paid last year by previous owner and we will be notified when new rates are decided on for 2014? We have celebrated too much me thinks..... the savings are suffering.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Yes Bugsy you should receive an IPT tax demand later this year. The Land Registry is revaluing all properties to bring them up to date as agreed between Cyprus and the troika - and the tax bands will change and the rates I suspect.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news