What Happened in the Liasides Reposession Case?

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
petrocelli

What Happened in the Liasides Reposession Case?

Post by petrocelli »

Does anyone know what the outcome of the case brought by Alpha Bank to repossess homes built by the defunct developer Liasides?

It was reported on in Cyprus Property News on 4th December so presumably it has now been resolved one way or another?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: What Happened in the Liasides Reposession Case?

Post by Nigel Howarth »

The Liasides case has not been resolved yet and there are other cases involving Lane Homes, Petrou, SNK Venus Homes and probably a number of others that have yet to be resolved.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Ksenia

Post by Ksenia »

It’s been awhile since the last update on the main site in 2016. Any news on the outcome of that case? We may very well be in the same situation with the same bank but a different, recently insolvent developer.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Ksenia and welcome to the forum

I've have no further news on the Liasides case, but the 'trapped buyers' law' should have prevented any repossessions. I know a couple with a Liasides property and they're still living in it.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Cat Taylor

Post by Cat Taylor »

I have a villa in Peygia that was purchased from Liasides. I purchased it in 2002 and obviously have not got my title deeds.
There are 8 properties and only 1 purchaser has managed to get them as far as I am aware. They are an English couple who live there 50% of the time.
New developers have tried to build near them and been very forceful, rude and intimidating trying to get them to sign a document ( in Greek) which allows them a right of way over their land so they can start the building. They said if the couple signed other owners on the site ( sunrise dreams) would get their title deeds. They even threatened to take the couple to court.
It was like blackmail and very frightening. They did not sign anything and not sure if it was Alpha bank or someone affiliated with them. They have not signed and all has gone quiet.
I have tried to sell my villa. I have a buyer with a Russian sounding name. However, the solicitor they are using is the same lawyer Liasides introduced me too when I bought the villa and subsequently used. She ‘tried’ to help me get the title deeds. Lol
When I googled the buyers name and address they are the same as the buyer! Something very fishy as the lawyer knows all about the situation. I wondered if it was the lawyer buying it!
Any ideas? Any help?
I’m so fed up with being fed lies. They all seem to be mixed up in it somewhere.
If it’s a fictitious buyer how does this affect me legally? Because I’m sure it would never be the lawyers fault . I’m not sure if I can mention the lawyers name on her?
Thanks for any advice.
Cat Taylor

Post by Cat Taylor »

To update , the ‘buyer’ name and in brackets - Gricoal ltd , which has a registered address at the lawyers office that is meant to be representing the buyer! Are they one and the same!
How will this affect my sale?
Will I get my money?
The lawyer knows everything as she represented me when I purchased from
Liasides.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Cat Taylor and welcome to the forum.

A winding-up order was issues against Y. Liasides 12 years ago and 'CRI' were appointed as liquidator. Please check out the Letter to all known purchasers. I suggest you contact the liquidator for further information.

If you haven't done so already, you should apply for the Title Deeds - see Applying for Title Deeds.

Gricoal ltd was registered in 2017 and it's director & secretary is Helen Evangelou I don't know what type of business it is.

There's a company Gricoal ltd that has 3 airbnb apartments in Paphos. According to airbnb, the host lives in Charlestown, Saint Kitts and Nevis. (But this may be a different company.)

Send me a Private Message with the name of the lawyer who represented you when you bought from Liasides and I'll check. (For obvious reasons, DO NOT put her name in the open forum)

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth