Property deeds/land registry

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
Hellsbells1972

Property deeds/land registry

Post by Hellsbells1972 »

Hello there I am looking for advice
I have owned a property in paralimni since 2001 , which i paid cash for . What the problem is I’ve never had any deeds and never registered with the land registry in Cyprus due to developers basically conning me
I have sought legal advice ,who informed me ,I do not own the property because the contract at the time of buying wasn’t worth the paper it was written on :-!
I know this all sounds Niace but at the time I was listening to Cypriot friends instead of seeking proper legal advice to register my property
I have been told I am one of many in this situation with developers doing this and am wondering if anyone has light at the end of the tunnel and been able to sort similar situations …. This is still on going and has been for 10 years
Latest covid pre update my solicitor was going to take them to court but £1800 later still waiting :evil:
Please any advice would be really appreciated thanks :mrgreen:
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Property deeds/land registry

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Hellsbells1972 and welcome to the forum.

The first thing you can do is establish the status of the property regarding any claims against it, which will include your contract of sale.

You can do this yourself (you don't need a lawyer) by visiting the Land Registry office in Paralimni, which I think is at 58,Stadiou Paralimni, but you'll need to double check.

You'll need to take a copy of your contract, your passport and a completed search form that you can find, complete with instructions, at https://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers ... /id=004888

Also, get in touch with your lawyer to see what progress he/she is making and send me a PM with the name of your lawyer - I may have information about him/her.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Hellsbells1972

Post by Hellsbells1972 »

Hi Nigel ;
The solicitors secretary actually ripped the contract up in front of me , saying it’s not worth the paper it’s written on ,when I came over to Cyprus back two years ago before Covid , I was in that much shock she did it , I didn’t even think to ask if I don’t own ….then who does !!,
Also , I will find out the name of the solicitor I have it at home but not there at present and let you know, do you have a private PM or shall I post it on the forum .
Thanks very much for quick reply , I really do appreciate your help and advice , as you can understanding I feel like a headless chicken over it all, it’s such a grey area.
Regards helen :mrgreen:
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Helen

To the right of this reply you'll see a box with a speech bubble. You can click on that to send me a PM.

Regards

Nigel
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news