Property Without Title Deed

Do you have a problem getting your Title Deeds?
waldymar

Property Without Title Deed

Post by waldymar »

Hi All,

We've been offered to buy a property which doesn't have a Title Deed. It does have a Final Approval Certificate, but the current building has an extra room to the initial approved planning. Is it a very bad case? Or there is a way to fix it (some amnesty or incentive programs exist now?)?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Property Without Title Deed

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi waldymar and welcome to the forum.

After the town planning authority has inspected the property and issued a Final Certificate, all the paperwork is passed to the Land Registry.

Surveyors from the Land Registry will visit and inspect the property and its Title Deed will not be issued because some idiot has added extra room.

The idiot can apply to have the extension legalised as described in Cabinet extends town planning incentives. (The idiot's application may or may not be accepted.)

I suggest you don't become an idiot yourself and restrict your search to a property will a clean Title Deed.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
waldymar

Post by waldymar »

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for preventing becoming an idiot :).
Maybe you know, how difficult is to submit a request for legalizing the extensions? What documents have to be submitted? What's an approximative response time?

Thank you
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi waldymar

I don't know what documents are needed to request illegal extensions to be legalized, but I'm sure the authorities will need architectural plans. Your best bet is to check with the local planning department.

The permit (according to the Interior Minister) should be issued "within three months" - I would take that figure with a pinch of salt.

You should be able to check whether the extension will be accepted by checking details of the property against the information about the property on the Department of Lands and Surveys database. The maximum extension is 20% of the building coefficient - anything greater will be rejected (and there may also be issues.)

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
waldymar

Post by waldymar »

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, appreciate your help.
Do I correctly understand you that the building coefficient can have an extra 20% according to this incentive? An example, if the current coefficient is 20%, if it's approved it will be 40%?

Thanks
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

waldymar wrote: 02 Sep 2021 16:31 Hi Nigel,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, appreciate your help.
Do I correctly understand you that the building coefficient can have an extra 20% according to this incentive? An example, if the current coefficient is 20%, if it's approved it will be 40%?

Thanks
It is my understanding that the incentive no longer applies, although I could be wrong. Ring the planning department and ask for an up to date status of this.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Pantheman wrote: 02 Sep 2021 17:26It is my understanding that the incentive no longer applies, although I could be wrong.
Hi Pan - In June last year the Cabinet extended the incentive until the end of 2021 - Cabinet extends town planning incentives. But as you say it's best to check with the planning department.

waldymar - if the property is 100sqm, you can possibly add a further 20sqm.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
waldymar

Post by waldymar »

Thank you everyone for the answers.
I was provided with a the "incentive program document" in Greek (I attached it), where it says that can be legalized extra 20% or 60 sqm, what is biggest. Does anyone know this version of the program?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17edjUu ... sp=sharing
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

waldymar wrote: 03 Sep 2021 12:32 Thank you everyone for the answers.
I was provided with a the "incentive program document" in Greek (I attached it), where it says that can be legalized extra 20% or 60 sqm, what is biggest. Does anyone know this version of the program?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17edjUu ... sp=sharing
It is as you stated either 20% of the permitted build density up to a max of 60m2.

This is for already built properties.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
waldymar

Post by waldymar »

Thank you, Nigel! Very helpful