LR 45 day letter

Pull up a chair, grab a coffee & have a chat
Big Al

LR 45 day letter

Post by Big Al »

Hi Nigel,
I wonder if you can advise, LR have sent the letter to the developer, asking if they object to the deeds being transferred, they gave them 45 days to reply, and no shock they havent replied, LR have said we will give them another week ?
Whats the point in setting a time limit :lol:
I was wondering if after another week they do not reply, what the procedure is ?
Thanks
Andy
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: LR 45 day letter

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum.

I've heard of this before and I guess the property is in Paphos? The seem to make up their own rules.

If, after the extra week, the developer does not object the Land Registry will send you a notice inviting you to transfer the deeds within 60 days.

If the developer objects the LR will investigate (but note thatthe developer can only complain if the full purchase price hasn't been paid.)

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Big Al

Re: LR 45 day letter

Post by Big Al »

Thanks Nigel,
I was reading the other thread where the developer objected, because the house owner owed the developer IPT. And they ended yo having to pay it to the developer to move forward, as you say they do make up there own rules,
I was expecting an objection about that full purchase price has been paid and proven to LR
Thsnks for your reply
Andy