Transfer of Name on a Title Deed

Pull up a chair, grab a coffee & have a chat
Frossa01

Transfer of Name on a Title Deed

Post by Frossa01 »

Hi everybody , I'm new to all this has anyone got any general advice , or official contacts in UK or in Cyprus I can use . Swim Tim
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Transfer of Name on a Title Deed

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Swim Tim and welcome to the forum.

I guess by the title of your message you want to transfer the name on the Title Deed to someone else? (I.e. you want to dispose of the property).

There are a number of ways this can be done:

You can 'gift' it to someone.
You can sell it to someone.

More information on pages 45 and 46 of the Department of Lands and Surveys Citizens' Charter and the costs involved in their Fees and Charges.

Any lawyer in Cyprus will be able to assist, but I suggest you engage one of those on the list provided by the British High Commission in Nicosia.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Frossa01

Post by Frossa01 »

Thanks for a prompt reply , wont give you the full details , may bore you . My Dad left me a piece of Land in Mitseros Village under the name a caretaker who also is my cousin . My cousin wants nothing to do with the land and wants a donation to his family from me to hand it over .

Then it becomes mine . I've read that according to the value there may be a 8-10K transfer fee , from the Land Registry and Valuations desk this would depend on the value of the Land .

Can you think of any mitigating circumstances where I don't have to pay the Transfer fees
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

I'm not sure what you mean by - the land was left to you under the name of a caretaker

Is the land registered in the name of your cousin/caretaker or your late father?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news