Solid fuel heating in jointly owned properties

Questions about living in properties with shared/common facilities
barryedwards

Solid fuel heating in jointly owned properties

Post by barryedwards »

The Law states that cooking with solid fuel is not allowed. Does this Law also prohibit heating with solid fuel as your sample management committee regulations state.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Solid fuel heating in jointly owned properties

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi barryedwards and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, the regulations are not the law - they can be changed to suit your particular circumstances.

I have also looked through the law and cannot find any reference to solid fuel heating. Can you please let me know where you found this information?

Thanks
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
barryedwards

Post by barryedwards »

Hi Nigel,

Just to be clear, there is no reference to using solid fuel for heating in the Law of 93, the only reference is for cooking. It was in your link to "Sample Regulations For A Management Committee" that I found the cooking AND heating reference. The link takes you to the Troodos Hills Management Committee Regulations. I can only assume then that common sense would say that if you are not allowed by the Law to cook with solid fuel, then when drawing up the regulations you would add that you may not also use solid fuel for heating purposes.
Is it possible to contact this Committee for their take on this ?

Kind regards, Barry.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Barry,

The Troodos Hills Management Committee was figment of my imagination - it doesn't exist.

The standard regulations are contained in the law of '93 a copy of which you can get from http://www.cyprus-property-buyers.com/f ... gs-law.pdf . These can be changed to suit your own circumstances with the support of sufficient owners.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news