Jointly owned

Questions about living in properties with shared/common facilities
officergent01

Jointly owned

Post by officergent01 »

Can anyone explain jointly owned and communal and how they can affect property owners on a complex.

We own a town house on a complex, 2 further town houses are joined to the side of ours. Is the outer wall of our house communal? and what about the roof, is this communal and jointly owned?

The rest of the complex comprises of apartments within a single building and i can seen why these are jointly owned.
The management committee wants to do work on both the outer wall and roof of my property which I am not keen on, do I have any grounds to refuse them touching either or both.

Advice would be appreciated please.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Jointly owned

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi officergent01

I have already answered your question at viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1982

Your town house shares external walls and roof with other properties and therefore forms part of the jointly-owned property. You can confirm this by visiting the Land Registry office - they will have drawings showing the jointly-owned parts.

Do you have the Title Deed to the property?

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
officergent01

Post by officergent01 »

Thank you Nigel, Yes you have already answered this, but I couldn't make any sense of it and needed it explained which you have done for me.
I do have the title deeds for the property.

They are now asking to see the deeds to prove that i am the legal owner and for money laundering. They also are requesting data for what i use the house for, number of bedrooms, number of air conditioning units access to a key. I will provide this if i have to but is this not GDPR.
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

officergent01 wrote: 18 Feb 2019 13:59
They are now asking to see the deeds to prove that i am the legal owner and for money laundering. They also are requesting data for what i use the house for, number of bedrooms, number of air conditioning units access to a key. I will provide this if i have to but is this not GDPR.
Who is 'they' ? Do you mean the management company/committee, if so, tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, it has bugger all to do with them what you use it for, what equipment you have and anything else. They are not an authority to be asking these types of questions. As for the title deeds, tell them to go and find out themselves at the land registry if they wish, you are not obliged to give such information and quite frankly I think it is a bloody cheek they 'they' should ask for such info.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi officergent01

I agree wholeheartedly with what Pantheman has said. The Management Committee can get all the information it needs about ownership, how many bedrooms, etc. from the Land Registry. Indeed it needs this information to calculate each property's contribution to the communal fees and voting rights.

I'll send you an email about your deed as I get information about your property and all the other properties on your development on-line from the Department of Lands & Surveys website once I have the details.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news