Disruptive tenants

Questions about living in properties with shared/common facilities
dagetu

Disruptive tenants

Post by dagetu »

Hi,
We have two extremely disruptive tenants on our complex. One has gone as far as making physical threats to our on-site guy and followed that up with abusive phone calls. They have also vandalised locks on security gates and threatened to destroy recently installed fencing. We now also have one shouting abuse at our holidaymakers using the communal pool. This will destroy the ability of owners to let their properties if it continues. Any thoughts on the best way forward with this very serious problem please. We have, of course, talked to the respective owners of the properties but without any success.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Disruptive tenants

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi dagetu

I think the best you can do is for you and the other owners to club together and get a lawyer to write a 'stiff' letter to these disruptive tenants - and you should also get in touch with their landlord.

If they are being noisy and abusive, you may also get the police involved.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Adriana

Post by Adriana »

I have a problem. I`m living in Limassol in one building with 6 floors. The problem is that the tenants who are living at the ground floor (they moved in the building about 2 months ago) are making barbecue on their veranda about 2-3 times a week. The last time was 2 nights ago at about 10 o ` clock in the evening they put fish (!) on the grill. We asked them kindly to stopped it or to make it in the back space of the building, but the answer was : " if you don`t like it, close your windows". No, I might close the window and start the air condition, but the lady from the first floor what to do? Is summer time, she cannot close the windows and doesn`t have air con. The smell is terrible. She found occasionally the owner of the apartment today, she complained about his tenants , but he replied he cannot do nothing as they are paying the rent without no delay. This veranda is partially covered with Plexiglas and I suppose can be a problem from the point of view of fire fighters department. What is your advice? Must be some rules for everybody, or otherwise we will all make barbecue on our balconies very soon. Thank you !
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Adriana and welcome to the forum.

I suggest you take this matter up with your Management Committee - there may be clauses in the regulations that prevent BBQs (The standard regulations contain a clause that prevents owners from using solid fuel when preparing food).

More at http://www.cyprus-property-buyers.com/f ... gs-law.pdf

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news