Ownership of treatment plant

Questions about living in properties with shared/common facilities
AlRe

Ownership of treatment plant

Post by AlRe »

Hi Nigel

We own a house in a complex which consists of 17 houses - phase A. Phase A was built in 2006, 2-4 years before phase C, which consists of 64 houses.

In phase A, we have a sewage system that collects wastewater from the 17 houses. According to building permits and the floor plans, we should be connected to the phase C treatment plant, - but find that we are not.

Phase A and Phase C run as 2 separate complexes, each with its own management committee.

As a new owner, we are interested in the expenses we pay for, and phase A has for several years paid to Phase C treatment plant in the ratio 17/81.

From our title deeds it appears : “ Share in common area ownership: 1.42% of a 10746 m2 plot which is common with phase C”

Under common rights of use are stated:
The building has been registered as a communal area according to Part IIA of the Law Cap 224 (29/11 / 2017-6 / ꓰ∑ / 1329/2017)

My question is:
When phase A has its own sewage system, - and a separation of the jointly owned building has apparently been made in a phase A and phase C, - can we then be required to pay for the phase C treatment plant?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Ownership of treatment plant

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Good morning AlRe and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, the "Share in common area ownership: 1.42%" is not used to calculate your contribution to the insurance, maintenance, etc.

The figure that is used is the size of a property in relation to the others within the jointly-owned building. You can find the figure that is used on the Department of Lands & Surveys' web site.

If you can let me have details of your property's Title Deed, I can find out whether there are is one or two jointly-owned buildings and enable me to answer your question. The information I need is shown on the following image:

Plus I'll need the district and village/area as shown on the left of the deed.

You can email me via https://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers.com/contact

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
AlRe

Post by AlRe »

Hi Nigel

thanks for your reply. Have send some informations to your.

best regards
AnneLise
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

AlRe wrote: 22 Jul 2021 09:08Have send some informations to your.
I haven't received anything - try again please.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news