House alterations

Questions about selling property
avanapa

House alterations

Post by avanapa »

Hi Nigel. Having bought off plan in a small complex I was wondering what the situation is regarding internal alterations. A neighbour of mine with a similar property has erected a stud partition wall and doorway seperating the living area from the kitchen. It has been done to a very high spec by a professional joiner and was something that I would be interested in doing.
The problem is that the neighbour insists that no permission for such an alteration is required and that she was told by the developer that it is only when altering externally that planning permission is required.
In view of the fact that I have no deeds yet I wondered if you could advise me on whether this is correct and whether such an internal alteration would be likely to cause further delay in aquiring the deeds.
I was going to approach the developer for confirmation, however, I,m worried that the neighbour has,nt actually asked the developer and that I may inadvertently cause her problems by bringing the subject up with him.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: House alterations

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Avanapa & welcome to the forum

You should not have any problems making internal alterations - planning permission is not usually required.

But take care not to make any structural alterations (I.e take down concrete columns, etc) as this could affect the building's integrity.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
avanapa

Post by avanapa »

Thanks Nigel, thats great news and thanks for the promot reply.
Chris
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

You're welcome Chris,

Cheers,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news