AX Number

Legal questions answered by Cyprus property lawyer Louise Zambartas

Moderator: louisez

tucano

AX Number

Post by tucano »

Dear Louise/Nigel,

Can you please explain what an AX number is please - and where it fits into the Title Deeds acquisition cycle? I keep hearing about it but can't find a good explanation. It sounds a 'good' thing to have if you are without title deeds like me! So how do I get one?

Thanks,

Tucano
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: AX Number

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi tucano,

An 'AX number' is a unique reference number issued by the Land Registry when an application is made to do something regarding a Title Deed.

I recently applied to have my house added to my Title Deed - and when the Land Registry clerk accepted my application, she gave me an 'AX Number'.

The Land Registry will issue your developer an AX Number when he submits an application for Title Deeds to be issued for yours and other properties covered by his planning application.

It isn't something you can get for yourself (but if your developer has applied for Title Deeds to be issued, he should be able to advise you of the application's AX reference number).

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
tucano

Post by tucano »

Nigel,

Thank you very much indeed. I look forward to getting an AX number...it will mean the winning post is in sight. Might take a few years though!

Tucano
briano

Post by briano »

Hi Nigel

I have received an AX Number from the developer for the complex that my apartment is on and I was just wondering does it take long to receive the Title Deeds after this number is given. Also the developer is the management committee on our complex and has stated that by law they have to insure the whole complex including all apartments and communal areas and that we are to cancel our existing policies with our own insurance companies but we then need to take out contents cover. Does this sound correct to you.

Regards
Briano
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Briano

The 'AX' number is a file number for work that the Land Registry has been requested to carry out - hopefully it's for the issuance of Title Deeds. Depending on difficulties & complications, this used to take anything from 12 - 30 months, but with the urgency brought about by the agreement with the troika, things may move quickly.

Regarding the insurance, the jointly-owned building has to be insured in its entirety with one insurance company - this includes the individual dwellings and their contents as well as the jointly-owned parts (see http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... /id=003525 for more information).

I suggest that you take matters into your own hands and take over the running of the complex by forming your own Management Committee - that way you'll be able to dispense with the services of the developer.

You can read more in the law on the subject (in English) that you can find at http://www.cyprus-property-buyers.com/f ... gs-law.pdf

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news