How to Push for Completion

Drop in & say hello
Limastalled

How to Push for Completion

Post by Limastalled »

Hello,

I am looking for advice regarding a property I have in Limassol.

The new build property has been ‘almost’ complete since 2007.

I have been trying to get the developer to finish and have had every excuse under the sun for the late completion.

There are not that many things that need doing, connecting electricity, connecting kitchen appliances, putting in the pool liner and tarring the entrance will enable me to be able to let the property.

I furnished the place in April and instructed a letting agent but she cannot show the property till the developer completes.

While I was in Cyprus the developer was working on the house and promised to finish, now he does not answer my calls or emails.

I was planning to come to Cyprus again to push him to do more but am not sure what I can achieve in a week, which is really all the time I can spare.

My solicitor is yet to come back to me with suggestions of how to proceed. I need to move forward and do not want a drawn out court case. Is there anybody else who deals with this sort of thing who can help me to put pressure on the developer to complete what is really only a small amount of work?

If I approach my bank would they be able put pressure on him?

Stalled
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: How to Push for Completion

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Stalled and welcome to the forum,

I see that you have furnished the property ready for letting. But have you actually taken delivery of the property?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Limastalled

Post by Limastalled »

Hi Nigel thanks for welcome,

Yes, I have taken delivery of the property.

I have keys along with at least two others and want all the work done so that I can change the locks before all the furniture disappears!

Best regards,

Stalled
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

I'm afraid you may well heve difficulty getting your developer to complete the job. Once he's got his money and you've taken delivery, you have no leverage over him.

There's an article in my magazine "Top 10 tips on what to do on discovering problems with your new property", a 'stiff' letter from your lawyer may help.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news