classified section

Your ideas for improving the forum
Pantheman

classified section

Post by Pantheman » 21 Feb 2008 19:47

Hello Nigel,

how about a classifieds section on this board, buying and selling properties etc?

Would be a way to draw people here to check whats on offer.

Just wondered.

Also, wondered about forum sponsoring. Do you have it. I may attract some local businesses and would help the upkeep of the board.

Just an idea.

For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
http://www.fsbproperties.com/MAINSITE/

Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: classified section

Post by Nigel Howarth » 22 Feb 2008 22:10

Hello Pan,

I've already had a couple of enquiries about sponsoring the site - I'm still thinking about it.

I look at all my websites as a 'social business' as defined by Muhammad Yunus.

All I'm really looking to do is to recover my costs - and I get a few cents every time someone clicks on one of the Google ads you see here. I also have these on my Cyprus Property Perspective news site and my main website.

As for advertising property - that's a definite no no. It's illegal and I'm sure TPTB would have me taken off the air.

I know people in the property industry keep an eye on my websites and what I'm saying. I had an email from one not so long ago about one of the Google ads which was for a company selling property in the occupied area. Unfortunately, I can't stop these ads until they appear. But once they have, I can add them to an 'exclusion list'.

If I should change my mind about site sponsorship, I'll let you know.

Regards,

Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news

Pantheman

Post by Pantheman » 23 Feb 2008 17:00

Nigel Howarth wrote:Hello Pan,

I've already had a couple of enquiries about sponsoring the site - I'm still thinking about it.

I look at all my websites as a 'social business' as defined by Muhammad Yunus.

All I'm really looking to do is to recover my costs - and I get a few cents every time someone clicks on one of the Google ads you see here. I also have these on my Cyprus Property Perspective news site and my main website.

As for advertising property - that's a definite no no. It's illegal and I'm sure TPTB would have me taken off the air.

I know people in the property industry keep an eye on my websites and what I'm saying. I had an email from one not so long ago about one of the Google ads which was for a company selling property in the occupied area. Unfortunately, I can't stop these ads until they appear. But once they have, I can add them to an 'exclusion list'.

If I should change my mind about site sponsorship, I'll let you know.

Regards,
Nigel,

Selling properties by private individuals I meant.

And i don't see where the illegality comes into it as it is not you doing the selling.

Just a thought.

For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
http://www.fsbproperties.com/MAINSITE/

cyprus101

Post by cyprus101 » 11 Apr 2012 19:45

Selling properties by private individuals I meant.

And i don't see where the illegality comes into it as it is not you doing the selling.

Just a thought.
I agree and I would also love to advertise here.