Alteration

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
rollwithit

Alteration

Post by rollwithit »

Hi Nigel,

How are you?
An owner in our complex has erected a wooden sun roof terrace which seems to be nailed into the apartment. We dont have our Title Deeds and I believe that Final Inspection has not taken place. Can this affect the issuing of the final approval certificate or is it at the inspectors discretion.
I have heard that the new laws regarding this can issue certificates on all other apartments and leave the 'offending' apartment without a certificate. Do you know if this is true and have these laws come into force yet?

any advice on this would be very much welcome.

thanks
Rollwithit
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Alteration

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Rollwithit

I'm fine thanks - and you?

When you say a sun roof terrace, I guess it looks something like a pergola - with some shading?

If so, it the inspector may not give the OK for the Certificate of Final Approval. I can't give you a definite yes/no, but anyone wishing to make changes should talk them through with the developer - and if necessary, apply for the permits.

The laws are being changed (the bill went to Parliament on Thursday and if all is OK, the Interior Ministry hopes to have them in place by the end of June). But no-one is sure exactly what the new bills contain. The were drafts put out for comment in the middle of last year and they attracted a lot of criticism - and some changes have been made since then.

It's a matter of 'watch this space'. (Under the draft laws, the authorities could issue a Certificate of Final Approval for all a development or a part of it).

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news