Deed pending

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Irini

Deed pending

Post by Irini »

Hi everyone!

I recently saw a property listed that looked very interesting. However, the listing states:

The property doesn’t have a Title Deed yet and is expected to be issued in 2025

Does this mean I would be purchasing a property without a deed, or would I be protected in some way?

Thank you :-)
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Deed pending

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Irini

Yes - you would be buying a property without its all-important Title Deed. You can't fully protect yourself but you could hold back a decent proportion of the sale price until a 'clean' Title Deed has been issued.

Do you know if the planning department has inspected the property and issued a 'Completion Certificate'. (This certificate confirms that the property was built according to the authorised plans, permits and permissions issued for its construction.) That would give you some protection.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Irini

Re: Deed pending

Post by Irini »

Nigel Howarth wrote: 18 Mar 2024 11:25 Hi Irini

Yes - you would be buying a property without its all-important Title Deed. You can't fully protect yourself but you could hold back a decent proportion of the sale price until a 'clean' Title Deed has been issued.

Do you know if the planning department has inspected the property and issued a 'Completion Certificate'. (This certificate confirms that the property was built according to the authorised plans, permits and permissions issued for its construction.) That would give you some protection.

Regards,

Thanks Nigel. Your feedback is very helpful and I didn't think such a property would be a safe bet. I do not know if a Completion Certificate has been issued. However, I'd rather avoid problems altogether (when I can).