Boundary external wall

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
RobertJ

Boundary external wall

Post by RobertJ »

The neighbour has built a porch attached to my property external wall in my absence - the wall is my boundary and next to his carport which he has now covered and blocked off which may cause damp issues
Vendela

Re: Boundary external wall

Post by Vendela »

My guess is, it is illegal. You can ask, if he has a building permit first. If not, go to the municipality. You cannot add covered terraces and car ports as you like. Usually the developers have maxed out on the plot, what is possible. But try to talk with him first - he is your neighbor.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi RobertJ and welcome to the forum

As he's attached a port to your property's exterior wall, he's probably guilty of criminal damage. He needs to remove it and pay the costs of repairing your wall.

As Vendela has noted he's probably built the porch and made changes to his car port illegally.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Nigel Howarth wrote: 05 Dec 2023 16:34 Hi RobertJ and welcome to the forum

As he's attached a port to your property's exterior wall, he's probably guilty of criminal damage. He needs to remove it and pay the costs of repairing your wall.

As Vendela has noted he's probably built the porch and made changes to his car port illegally.

Regards,
Thank you