Can somebody guide me in the direction of any helpful hints or points to be aware of?

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
KaraGarza

Can somebody guide me in the direction of any helpful hints or points to be aware of?

Post by KaraGarza »

Hello everyone. I recently had an offer accepted and paid a reservation fee on a house in Coral Bay. I'd want to have the property surveyed while I'm still in Cyprus till next week, and I'd like to meet with the surveyor in person. Can anyone recommend a dependable and efficient one in the Paphos area who works quickly? Also, can somebody guide me in the direction of any helpful hints or points to be aware of? It would be greatly appreciated.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Can somebody guide me in the direction of any helpful hints or points to be aware of?

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi KaraGarza and welcome to the forum.

I've sent you the contact details of a civil engineer in Pyrgos (Limassol) he may be able to help.

The most important piece of advice I can give you is under no circumstances sign any papers of hand over any money until you've appointed an independent lawyer to represent your interests. (By independent I mean a lawyer who has no connection with any of the parties involved in the sale - agent, vendor, etc.)

The UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office publishes a list of English-speaking lawyers that you can find at Lawyers in Cyprus.

Also, get a copy of my Property Buyers Checklist.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
J B

Re: Can somebody guide me in the direction of any helpful hints or points to be aware of?

Post by J B »

Did you just use the words 'quickly' and 'Cyprus' in the same sentence? :-))
--
J B
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

J B wrote: 15 Jul 2023 12:53 Did you just use the words 'quickly' and 'Cyprus' in the same sentence? :-))
The civil engineer I know in Pyrgos is Scottish :-)
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news