obtainging mortgage discoount

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
patprema

obtainging mortgage discoount

Post by patprema »

hello,

I have a mortgage with Alpha bank. in the past i tried to have a discount in the repayment. Now i have just heard from another property owner who has similar mortgage in same apartment block and same bank, that he got a discount of 30% on the mortgage and will repay it before end of month.He did not explain his strategy to get it, just said it has been a long process.So i will request the same from the bank but they will certainly say no. so my question is if i can get a legal action in that case arguing that another owner could get discount and there is no reason i would not get it as well.Any advice, suggestion etc.

thanks in advance,Patricia
Pantheman

Re: obtainging mortgage discoount

Post by Pantheman »

patprema wrote: 19 Feb 2018 12:50 hello,

I have a mortgage with Alpha bank. in the past i tried to have a discount in the repayment. Now i have just heard from another property owner who has similar mortgage in same apartment block and same bank, that he got a discount of 30% on the mortgage and will repay it before end of month.He did not explain his strategy to get it, just said it has been a long process.So i will request the same from the bank but they will certainly say no. so my question is if i can get a legal action in that case arguing that another owner could get discount and there is no reason i would not get it as well.Any advice, suggestion etc.

thanks in advance,Patricia
No such argument has any weight, there is no law that says they have to give you a mortgage, but if you are a regular payer of your mortgage, do not expect any help. If you become a non performing loan you have more of a chance to get some attention. It is possible your other owner has not been paying his mortgage for some considerable time!!

What action you take is entirely your decision, I have given you a scenario where banks helps those that don't pay.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com