Title deeds in Pissouri

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Blackberrys

Title deeds in Pissouri

Post by Blackberrys »

Hello, I am trying to find out whether Title deeds are being released in the Sunrise Development in Pissouri, as I know there are problems with the land movement in the area. The house is being valued to sale, re-divorce case, however would anyone know if the land registrar are releasing title deeds?

many thanks
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Title deeds in Pissouri

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Blackberrys and welcome to the forum.

You'll need to check with your developer to see what progress they've made in getting the Title Deeds for the property issued.

There has been a landslip in the Limnes (lakes) area of Pissouri. You can see a map of the area by clicking here.

I don't know where the Sunrise development is located so I can't say if it's been affected by the landslip.

Have you applied for your deeds?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Blackberrys

Post by Blackberrys »

Hello, thanks for your reply.

looking at yr map , its about 150 metres away.
Kernias street , pissouri

UK courts wants a valuation and information regarding title deeds for a divorce settlement. However we know its going to be difficult to sell without title deeds.
I have seen the damage of the houses in the Limnes area and have taken photos, its quite bad.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

I don't believe the fact that the property is close to the Limnes land slip will prevent Title Deeds being issued, but I know that sales have been blocked in the areas affected. You could check at the Community Office - and you should speak with the developer.

A Title Deed for your development will exist and that will 'spawn' Title Deeds for each of the units when it is sub-divided.

Limnes is very bad - I've been to two or three meetings there and I know some of the people who've been affected. The former Interior Minister promised that the Govt. would pay to clear up the mess, but his replacement has not followed up on the promise.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Blackberrys

Post by Blackberrys »

Many thanks, we are in contact with a Law in Limassol regarding title deeds now. The villa will be a difficult one to sell, with the land problems and the developer has disbanded. I know the problem with title deeds has been going on for many years.

Regards