Planning Amnesty still in force?

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
VCY

Planning Amnesty still in force?

Post by VCY »

Hi Everyone,

My family is preparing to build now on the land we purchased.

In the article http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... id=0087591 on Nigel's website it is reported that government was planning to allow +20% on building coefficient till 2020.

Is it still applicable ? Does it apply to new development? Any info appreciated (especially links to this law/regulation).
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Planning Amnesty still in force?

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi VCY

Yes - the the 'building extensions amnesty' is in force until 2020 and allows you to overbuild 20% or 60 sqm. (whichever is the greater) on the building coefficient.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
VCY

Post by VCY »

Thanks. This applies to density factor only; not coverage, right ?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi VCY

The building coefficient is the maximum number of square metres that you are allowed to build expressed as a percentage of the land area.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
VCY

Post by VCY »

Nigel Howarth wrote: 19 Jan 2018 11:55 Hi VCY

The building coefficient is the maximum number of square metres that you are allowed to build expressed as a percentage of the land area.

Regards,
Apologies for being dumb but Cypriot DLS refers to two factors on their website if you look up a plot; Density and Coverage. Which one you're referring to?
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

VCY wrote: 20 Jan 2018 01:05
Nigel Howarth wrote: 19 Jan 2018 11:55 Hi VCY

Regards,
Apologies for being dumb but Cypriot DLS refers to two factors on their website if you look up a plot; Density and Coverage. Which one you're referring to?
He refers to build density, i.e. the number of build in m2. Coverage is the amount of surface area of the land you can cover.

What I don't get is why you didn't ask your architect this type of question who will be doing the plans and working out the areas for you.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
VCY

Post by VCY »

Pantheman wrote: 20 Jan 2018 01:21 He refers to build density, i.e. the number of build in m2. Coverage is the amount of surface area of the land you can cover.

What I don't get is why you didn't ask your architect this type of question who will be doing the plans and working out the areas for you.
OK, so it applies only to density factor as I thought. Thanks.

Living in Cyprus for many years I have learned to ask in multiple places to get a more reliable picture. In fact I haven't chosen an architect yet and none of those I spoke with so far mentioned +20% density.