Buying in North Cyprus

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
GARY.UK

Buying in North Cyprus

Post by GARY.UK »

Hi, I am sorry if this question is old . I would love to buy a property in Cyprus. I have had a lovely holiday in paphos and a lovely holiday in of North Cyprus kyrenia. Is it safe to purchase a property in North Cyprus with the UK leaving the single market ?
If I do choose to buy a property now or after do I always make sure this includes the deeds ?
I am looking to retire due to both knee replacements and hip , the weather helps so much . Am I covered if I move to Cyprus ( North or South ) with medical conditions or do I have to buy medical insurance ?.
Pantheman

Re: Buying in North Cyprus

Post by Pantheman »

Hello Gary,

to answer your question directly, it is politically unsafe to purchase in the occupied areas. In case of any possible solution you could stand the chance of losing your investment. Notwithstanding that, much of the land in the occupied areas 80%+ belongs to displaced Greek Cypriots and you also run the risk of being sued for the land. See the Orams case.

You cannot get a title deeds as you are not Turkish Cypriot.

You will not be entitled to any medical help from the UK in the occupied areas as it is an illegal state held under military force.

If you are of retirement age, you can get free medical in the Republic of Cyprus. In the occupied there is no such facility. And what will you do if the crossing points get closed for travelling??

For your own safety and that of any investment the occupied areas are a big no no.

Sorry to burst your bubble on this.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
GARY.UK

Post by GARY.UK »

Thank you Pan . I think I will look at buying in the South. I have looked at buying in Spain and I would need to add 13% for taxes and land reg . What % would I need to add to the purchace price and what is average price for Solicitors ?
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

GARY.UK wrote: 05 Oct 2017 15:38 Thank you Pan . I think I will look at buying in the South. I have looked at buying in Spain and I would need to add 13% for taxes and land reg . What % would I need to add to the purchace price and what is average price for Solicitors ?
Hello Gary, wise decision, better be safe than sorry to save a few bucks now.

When you need to pay transfer fees it is staggered. on the first €85430 - 3%, on the next €85439 - 5% and anything over €170,860 its 8%.

At present, the government has also given a 50% discount on transfer fees.

As for lawyers, it really depends on the value of the property you purchase, but for a property at around 100k up or down you may be looking at €1200 + vat

Hope that helps.

If I can be of any further assistance let me know.

Regards

Pan
FSB Properties Ltd
GARY.UK

Post by GARY.UK »

Again thank you Pan . What worries me is where do I start to look can you please help me with estate agents . I have stayed in Pahfos & Protaras on holiday which I loved , but I would love some ideas in all areas in the South.
Leaving the EU is another worry should I wait, as I would like to rent out in the summer months .
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

GARY.UK wrote: 06 Oct 2017 18:40 Again thank you Pan . What worries me is where do I start to look can you please help me with estate agents . I have stayed in Pahfos & Protaras on holiday which I loved , but I would love some ideas in all areas in the South.
Leaving the EU is another worry should I wait, as I would like to rent out in the summer months .
Gary, first things first. Paphos on on the west cost and Protaras on the east, two opposing ends of the island!

Paphos is a much bigger area that the east, property is generally more expensive it very mountinous and the beaches rocky.

Protaras area, is quite flat, cheaper property, and beautiful sandy beaches you cannot get in Paphos.

So which end do you want to be in???

If Paphos, I can't really help as I am based in the east. You could just search estate agents in Paphos and find a suitable property you like.

In the east, we have a number of inner land 'villages', these provide more property for your money, we have properties listed, if you tell me what you are looking for and a budget I will see what I can find for you.

Hope that helps

Pan
FSB Properties Ltd
GARY.UK

Post by GARY.UK »

In the east as we love nice beaches . If you could let me know some estate agents please.
Thanks again Pan.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Good morning Gary

Pan is a registered estate agent in the eastern end of the island - I'm sure he'll be able to help you (you'll find a link to his website in his signature).

There are several other registered estate agents in the area. If you Google - registered real estate agent east Cyprus - you'll find links to their websites. There used to be a website that listed all the registered estate agents, but it no longer exists.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
GARY.UK

Post by GARY.UK »

Thank you Nigel . I have tried Pan's website link but sadly it's a broken link.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Gary - the link to Pan's site is fine.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Nigel Howarth wrote: 08 Oct 2017 18:04 Gary - the link to Pan's site is fine.

Regards,
Thank you Nigel, I have tried the link, works ok.

Gary, failing that, please just type it into your browser as shown.
FSB Properties Ltd
emgee

Post by emgee »

Gary

May I suggest that you come to Cyprus for 2 weeks, hire a car and look around Pafos and Protaras in your own time. There are zillions of places up for sale all with a phone number, so if you like the look of a place phone the number on the For Sale board.

Do not use the sellers Lawyer at any cost.

Good luck.

Alan