Yellow/pink slip following property purchase

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
dixonrichard

Yellow/pink slip following property purchase

Post by dixonrichard »

Hi all, not sure if this is correct forum, so apologies if not. Anyway, here goes, received title deeds last week for my apartment which we bought some 3 months ago. When I saw my lawyer, we were talking the future and impact on living in the property. For the forseeable future we are planning to use as a holiday home for 6-8 weeks per year. However in the longer term we plan to semi retire to Paphos and may look to stay for more than 3 months at a time. My lawyer suggested applying for a residence permit as an EU citizen which apparently will give me said rights to reside for longer periods in the future? I have financial means and healthcare to demonstrate independant living etc.

My question is - What does this provide me? Is it a permanent option and is now the right time to apply for two reasons 1. Pre Brexit and 2. We will not be utilising 3 months plus any time soon.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts on this matter.

Richard
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Yellow/pink slip following property purchase

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Richard and welcome to the forum,

I'm pleased to hear you have the Title Deeds to your apartment - some people have been waiting literally decades for them.

I don't believe there is any point in applying for permanent residency (yellow slip) until you move to Cyprus permanently and who knows how BREXIT will affect things. I suggest that you continue as you are until we know what deal has been secured.

You can find more information on applying for permanent residency for you and your family on this page of the Civil Registry and Migration Department website (includes an application form.)

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
dixonrichard

Re: Yellow/pink slip following property purchase

Post by dixonrichard »

Hi Nigel

Thank you for your guidance, very informative and actually as I expected. I will speak with my lawyer to close off for now.

Yes very pleased to have got title deeds so quickly, a number of others have also recently got them on the Leptos devlopment where we bought!

best regards

Richard